Java / Tools / Misc
- Apple updates Java for OSX 10.5 and 10.6 - now u24
- Found via Chariot Techcast #32 - this update is known to break the GAE dev_appserver with a
JVM crash. Workaround is to a) revert your JDK or switch to the OpenJDK 1.7 builds for OSX
- Safari first to fall in Pwn2Own
- No more binary plugs in OpenJDK
- Java removed from Linux Standards Base 4.1
- VisualVM 1.3.2 - bug fixes and and JDK7 updates/fixes
- Message Pack - another binary encoding format similar to Protocol Buffers, Thrift etc.
- Neo4j 1.3 M4 released - you can now store “approximately 128 million truckloads” of data
- Mule ESB 3.1.1 released - bug fixes and documentation improvements.
- GWT 2.2 breaks most plugins - “java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError”
- Sonar 2.6 released
- Jython 2.5.2 released
- Hibernate Core 4.0.0.Alpha1 released , 3.6.2 maintenance release also made.
- Hibernate Validate 4.2.0.Beta2
- Hibernate Search 3.4 Alpha 1
- Seam 3.0.0 CR2 available, Seam Forge is gaining steam
- Tomcat 7.0.10 released as a security fix, but doesn’t totally cover the problem so
7.0.11 is forthcoming. It is recommended that you DO NOT run 7.0.10 but wait for 7.0.11.
- Another new TeamCity 6.5 EAP - new windows tray notification client, pre-release version of
dotCover 1.1, IDEA plugin improved with less network traffic and more
- Spring Source acquires Wave Maker
- The Joy of The Joy of Clojue Closure - book is finished, and off to the printers.
- Phil Hagelberg has made Leiningen 1.5.0 RC 1