- JSRs for EE7 and Servlet 3.1 were posted, EE7 will be cloud focused.
- GlassFish 3.1 released
- Java Certification to be “hands on” and more expensive?
- Joe Darcy “resigns” - well not quite, unlike the sensationalist headline,
if you read his blog - he’s just handing over the reigns as release manager of the JDK to Kelly O’Hair
- try-with-resources alterations start to land in OpenJDK classes, also a minor change in null handling - I like the look of this.
- IntelliJ 10.0.3 EAP build 103.161 available
- CIDR ( pronouced cider - Code — Inspect — Debug — Refactor) officially announced - Objective-C IDE.
- fighting-layout-bugs - Looks useful for detecting layout bugs - Seleniium + AI?
- jps - comes with the JDK and tells you what processes are running VMs
- 50 Android apps yanked from the Market Place for being trojans
- Maven Android Plugin 2.9.0-beta-1 released with Android Library Project support http://bit.ly/efbY4l
- End of Support for JDK5 with the release of Crowd 2.3
- Over a million dollars raised for Room to Read
- @headius JRuby 1.6.0.RC3 will publish a new Maven artifact: jruby-core, which doesn’t bundle dependency jars. More Maven-friendly.
- Maven 3.0.3 - the bullet release - so many regressions!!! Hudson - you’re in great hands.
- Plugin releases: maven assembly plugin 2.2.1, maven resource plugin 2.5, maven remote resources plugin 1.2,
aspectj maven plugin 1.3.1, maven filtering 1.0, maven lucene plugin 1.0 released
- Traffic Server 2.16-unstable released
- Apache Excalibur moved to “the Attic”
- BIRT 2.6.2 released - No sign of Ernie tho. The BIRT book has also just had an update.
- Eclipse Virgo 3.0.0.M02 released
- Spring Web Flow 2.3.0 released
- Spring Social 1.0.0.M2 released - OAuth1 / OAuth2, auth with twitter/facebook
- Ubuntu gets new scroll bars - just cause Uncle “Uncool” Steve gives them a make over in Lion.
- Auckland Startup Weekend - looks interesting