- JDK 8 build b90 - closures work well on my Mac, except for when using the method handler reference i.e. Integer::parseInt
- TestNG 6.8.5 released, along with new Eclipse plugin
- Gerrit 2.5.4 released, small security upgrade, 2.6rc3 out, along with 2.7rc1 ( two RC’s out concurrently is odd, I knew the Doctor crossing his timelines would have repercussions ).
- OSDC NZ2013 website now live - now sure when that actually happened. If there was ever a developer focused conference in NZ to go to - I think this would be the more appropriate.
- JavaFX Gradle Plugin 0.3
- IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP opened
- Introducing Android Studio - new IntelliJ IDEA based IDE for Android, wither Eclipse?
- New shiny Google+
- Google Cloud APIs
- Announces new REST plans for 2.3 - chooses Spring HATEOS
- release-pom plugin
- License Maven Plugin 1.5
- Maven Dependency Plugin 2.8 Released
- Maven Site Plugin 3.3 Released
- Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 2.7 Released
- GString Maven Plugin - as heard on the last IA - Richard loves his gstrings.
- getclojure.org - search for usages of function compositions
- Grojure 0.7 - Groovy like syntax for Clojure
- Screencast on using Clojure + Sublime Text
- Scalabitz launched this week - new news site collating everything Scala orientated.
- Scalabitz led me to g8ling - a website cataloging giter8 templates.
- Giter8 itself is a Scala based project templating tool, similar to maven archetypes but project/language independent (tho mostly used by scala), template projects are stored on github.
Next Codelounge: Docker