Java / Misc
- Gerrit 2.4 released
- Cucumber-JVM 1.0.8
- ErrorProne - another build time error catcher
- Huge Collections - another large collections library for java
- JNario - new Executable Specifications testing tool for Java, based on Eclipse Xtend.
- Looks awesome, but... Jnario requires Eclipse ≥3.6 with the latest milestone releases of Xtext 2.3 and Xtend 2.3.
- Mocikto 1.9.5-rc1 - One of the biggest new things is the MockMaker API, making the default cglib proxy generator pluggable, with..... dexmaker for live, on the fly Android proxy generation.
- Lockitron - use NFC to unlock your house...
- OrientDB 1.0 released ( a few weeks back now )
- Hibernate 4.1.4
- Loop - New haskell/ruby/scheme inspired JVM language from Dhanji
- WebMotion 2.2 - a new Java web framework
- I say new, but 1.0 came out mid-last year - never heard of it before.
- Templating is via StringTemplate - an interesting choice
- EE6/Servlet 3 based
- Exhaustive documentation - win!
- GetDown - a lightweight replacement for Java WebStart.
- YouTrack 4.0 Release Date pushed back - after getting feedback from the community, JetBrains have decided to push back the YT4.0 release back a month to add in some extra new features to new the Agile/Kanban/Scrum portion of YouTrack - which looks awesome. A webinar of the 4.0 Agile features is also available.
- JMeter 2.7
- Apache Log4j 1.2.17 - first (maintainance) release in 2 years!
- Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37
- Buildr 1.4.7
- PDFBox 1.7.0
- WSIF retierd
- Wink 1.2.0-incubating
- Libcloud 0.10.1
- HttpComponents HttpClient 4.2GA
- Apache Qpid 0.16
Groovy / Grails
- Gaelyk 1.2
- Groovy 2.0 RC
- Clojure 1.5.0 alpha 1
- Timbre - pure clojure logging library
- Neocons - feature rich clojure client library for Neo4J REST Server
- Carmine - Clojure Redis Client
- maven clean plugin 2.5
- maven compiler plugin 2.5
- maven changes plugin 2.7.1
- maven invoker 1.6
- maven truezip plugin 1.0
- maven license plugin 1.1
- maven remote resources plugin 1.3
- maven shade plugin 1.7
- maven release plugin 2.3.1
- maven plugin plugin 3.0.0 released, now fully/officially supporting JDK annotations.