Java / Misc
- Preview JDK - 7u4 b16
- Oracle delays public JIRA project for OpenJDK
- Play 2.0 released
- Easy-Cassandra - ORM - now works with maven, I wonder if you’d loose a lot of the power of NoSQL just
wrapping it up in an ORM?
- coffeescript-maven-plugin Gotta love pull requests that come with new IT tests!
- Can you afford to not know git any longer
- codeline-enforcer-rule - a simple Maven Enforcer rule to block classes from import statements, or general regex patterns in source lines.
- JDeodorant for class refactoring - eclipse plugin
- Google Summer of Code 2012 accepted organisations
- TestNG 6.4 now “supported” by current builds of IntelliJ IDEA - plugin now forces you to use the version shipped with the plugin, tells you when theirs a version conflict and offers to update the version in the plugin directory if you wish.
- JRebel 4.6.1
- GWT plugin was improved in terms of deployment performance
- Spring 3.1 specific features handling was improved
- Sonatype 2012 Open Source Development Survey Results
- Jetty now supports SPDY - not sure if we mentioned it… SPDY jars were however accidentally left out of the distribution packages for 7.6.2/8.1.2 and will be bundled with 7.6.3 and 8.1.3, they are dowloadable from Maven Central tho.
- Freemarker 2.3.19 Includes some non-backwards compatible security fixes. Read the changelog before updating.
- iText 5.2.0 released, iText Summit is next week ( an entire conference on iText? ), still released with the evil AGPL. It’s a shame as the product is nice and has gotten some awesome improvements since the last GPL release.
- Thoughtworks technology radar is out and lists Maven as a “hold”, due to its lack of flexibility and support for automation best practices - whatever that may mean…..
- Apache Shiro 1.2
- Cleaning your local Maven Repo with Groovy - Mark’s taken to also using the dependency:purge-local-repository goal of the maven-dependency-plugin.
- New language modularisation SIP for Scala - even some of the Scala folk seem up in arms over it.