- Apple releases OSX Lion - removes Java
- Jenkins - The Definitive Guide by John Furgusson Smart
- highj - Haskell style type classes in Java
- TinyBundles 1.0 and Pax Exam 2.2 released
- Groovy 1.8.1 and 1.9-beta-1 released
- Glassfish 3.1.1 RC-2 out
- Kotlin - new statically typed language
- Jetbrains Wiki
- JVM Language Summit Slides
- Cedric Beust’s Five Reasons you should rejoice about Kotlin - Coolness (in that its a new language, not that it is cool in and of itself), Reified generics, IDE support, Commercial support, No Java Successor. We should discuss just how arse this post is.
- PHP Storm 2.1.2
- WebStorm 2.1.2
- ClojureScript announced
- Zi - new maven clojure plugin, in clojure - from Hugo Duncan
- Commons Lang 3.0 released - JDK 1.5+, not backwards compatible (package name change, generics)
- Tomcat 7.0.19 - security fixes and bug fixes
- CouchDB 1.0.3 (even if it is Erlang)
- HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1.2 - fixes bugs found in 4.1.1 - good to see they release minor versions of sub-components!
- SourceGear’s Veracity is starting to try and push again, it uses a distributed database for its repository, allowing it to version records and fields (as well as files, directories). Allows you to store your version control repo in an enterprise database for example.
- code.google.com now supports Git, InfoQ says that SVN’s days are numbered.
- Android 3.2 rolling out to Xoom next week